Strange Things Are Happening

8:08 AM

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it just seems like so many weird things have happened that surely nothing else could happen? That has been our last week or two. Let's recap:

1. A massive oak tree in our front yard came toppling down during a storn
         The tree was thirty years old and thank goodness it decided to fall AWAY from our house
This photo does NOT do it justice, this thing was HUGE!


2. An earthquake shoot one of the countries dearest to our hearts, Nepal
        We work with an AMAZING organization there and they truly do extraordinary things. We have never seen an organization understand the developing world and unreached people groups quite like they do. They have reached the remote villages they work in and are starting to restore hope. To donate click the link below:

3. Kyle's parents came to visit (there's nothing weird about that) but on the same day Kyle pulled a hami and I broke a toe.
     Kyle competed in his school's weight lifting competition (He got second, back off ladies, he's alllll mine!) But didn't stretch over the next two days and "pop" there it went! After mourning the loss of riding his bike and rock climbing for a few weeks, he is expected to make a full recovery


3. There were 50 tornadoes in the midwest and Dallas turned in to a swimming pool for a few days
     Nothing hit our house and no other trees were hurt, this time. We are so ready for sunshine and a day without rain, but are so grateful for it while it's here!
He's a really great finals study buddy!
I can't believe I get three weeks off from school.
I really don't know what to do with myself!
I do know I'm ready for it to be next May, grad school is lovely,
but being a nurse practitioner will be a little better I'm thinking.

4. A cardinal decided to take up residence in our dining room
     Of course I was on my way to work and he had the nerve to fly right in and make himself at home, terrorizing the dogs. I scooped him up and took him outside where he flew off into a tree. Hope you're ok little man!

5. I was in an earthquake!!! And it so was not as exciting as I imagined.
    There has been an increasing amount of earthquakes in North Texas and yesterday a 4.0 magnitude one hit just south of where I work. We all weren't really sure what happened at first. It just felt like someone was shaking my chair a bit. Pretty fun all the same!
Us at the DMA with Kyle's parents.
I hope you all have an amazing weekend and get to enjoy some less eventful spring weather than we have!

XO
Katie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe