Better Late than Never!

9:41 AM

Hello everyone!


Oh my goodness I am seriously one of the worst blog writers ever! I told myself I wouldn't get super behind like this, and guess what? I did! Anyways sorry this is way way way way way overdue, but here's an update.

All the way back in February it was Kyle's birthday. We had a little get together at our house with some of the guys from his program and a little dinner for the two of us.
Look at his cute little birthday boy face! I think he likes his blazer too! But a blazer and an innumerable amount of cute gestures from his wife weren't enough...so we went to New York!


We have been talking about taking a trip back east forever and what a better time than a combo birthday trip for ourselves! (Minus the 40 degree weather and rain on the day we went into the city.) BUT on top of that we got to spend lots of amazing time with our family. We stayed with Jon and Nicole and their wonderful kiddos and got to see Geoff for the day. It was such a blessing to get to spend some time with all of them. We didn't take a single picture together though!!!
Unfortunately, we had to deal with an unexpected event in the middle of a wonderful trip. We got news the day we left that my grandma had passed away. At the end of the trip Kyle flew back to Dallas and I headed out to California with Jon to support our family out west.
 



We got to soak up some sun and enjoy even more family as we all celebrated the life of our wonderful grandma. It actually was a really special trip that allowed us to see family we hadn't seen since in 17 years! It's amazing to me how just a few thousand miles can separate people so permanently. Out of all my extended family members there I had seen maybe two of them since I was 6 years old. That just blows my mind.
We also got to see Grandma Janet and Grampa Ed, what a treat! They are some truly amazing people who have set much of the foundations I was raised on. I don't think they will ever know the impact they had on all of our lives. Thanks for taking my mom in and raising her up to be an amazing lady!


 Hold on though, the craziness doesn't stop there. While I was in California Kyle went to give a talk in the middle-of-nowhere Texas and we both got back in the wee hours of the morning on my birthday. I was totally exhausted and didn't even feel like celebrating (which totally isn't me, I live for birthdays, especially mine!) But, my wonderful husband and some awesome friends had something up their sleeve! They planned a surprise salsa party for me. It was so sweet, unfortunately it was a total bust! It worked out though and it was still an amazing, unexpected birthday.


Oh but wait, the madness continues! We had back to back visits from my parents and Kyle's family. This was the first time we really got to share our life in Texas with all of them. We got to show them around and have some fun adventures while giving them a taste for our life here. It was such a blessing to get the spend time with all of them. We love all of you more than you know! (But again, we didn't take a single picture!!! Ugh I have to get better about capturing all of these moments!)
We did capture this little moment on my parents visit. Happy first birthday Quigley! We love him so much!
Since all of that craziness we have tried to get back into life as normal. Kyle is working hard to finish his research project before the end of the semester and I am working hard at work. In just a few short weeks he will be on his was to Sumatra for the summer to do research for his dissertation. Yes, I said summer. The puppies and I will be holding down the fort while he is away. We are also taking any roommate requests and vacation requests to fill our time! This research is the very thing that brought us to Texas though and it is truly going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Be praying for his safety, protection and lots and lots of herps!
That is pretty much it though for the last few months. I promise to not be such a slacker again! We love you all and love sharing our life with you!

Lots and lots of love,
Kyle, Katie, Quigley and Harper

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe