Life Just Got a Little Bit Crazier!!!

6:57 AM

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week. We are just getting through a pretty crazy two weeks ourselves. This past week was Kyle's first week of teaching, classes, research and meetings. It was a big shift from his few classes a week with reading whenever type of schedule he has had so far. Then, I started my job!!!! Yay!!! It was even better than I thought it would be. I knew Cook Children's was a great place to work, but I had no idea it would be as fantastic as it is. We had training five days a week all day. I'm soooo glad I only have to work three days a week whenever I want. I am totally not made to work in an office!
Everything sounds so great like this was an awesome week, right? Well, in the middle of the week that changed. I was in class and got this intense pain in my side. I was rushed to occupational health where they took one look at my yellowish-green face and sent me across the street to the ER. Little did I know, I had a cyst that ruptured and was bleeding quite a bit causing a TON of pain. But, the Lord is so good and everything is back to normal now.
First day  as a nurse!
Then, this week I started on the floor which has been a huge shift in schedule. I work nights so the transition from being a normal person to nocturnal has been a little difficult. The dogs aren't big fans that I sleep all day either. I love my floor though and the little kiddos are so amazing so it makes it all worth it.
Kyle is learning how to be a stay at home dogfather.
Kyle is getting ready for one of his labs' first field trips this week to the Davis Mountains to catch all sorts of critters. He's super excited to get away and catch some rattlesnakes. (I think he's a little too excited to sleep in a sleeping bag and tent for five nights without me!)
Life is moving pretty quick here in Texas and the Lord is just around every turn, I don't really know how he's been keeping up! But, we are doing well and just keep holding on for the ride of our life. If you think of it, pray for us while Kyle is gone and pray for some solid friends here. It can be a lot to tackle all of this change on your own!!!

Tons and tons of love,

Kyle, Katie, Quigley and Harper

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe